The outdoor living lifestyle is such a big part of Australian life and as such creating a space you want to be in is important. If you are feeling a bit ho-hum with your current alfresco area, then check out these tips below:
1. If you want huge impact with minimal effort then soft furnishings are definitely the way to go. You can change the entire feel, look and vibe of your space by simply adding a few outdoor cushions in different designs and sizes, and don't forget your outdoor dining table. New placemats, napkins and a table runner can make all the difference!
2. Greenery! You can never have too much greenery I say. As indoor/outdoor plants have become so popular in recent times, there is a plethora of choice out there. You will be able to find plenty of options that cater to your needs and lifestyle (hello fellow plant killers!). There are so many amazing accounts with an abundance of knowledge on Social Media that specialise in all things plants, so start searching and get lost in the world of green!
3. Replacing your old outdoor furniture can have a massive impact but also comes at a price. Having said that, if you have an outdoor lounge that is looking a bit worse for ware but don't have the budget to replace it, there are so many options out there for new covers that will give your area a total spruce up for a fraction of the cost. You can buy pre-made covers or you can go down the custom route. Either way, you wont know your space after a little furniture face lift!
4. Add a rug! There a quite a few outdoor rugs on the market and they would certainly take any alfresco area up a notch! Also, just like adding a rug to an indoor space, adding one to your outdoor area will create a more homely, relaxing and welcoming space.
5. Texture is your friend. Adding different items with different textures creates depth and feature to any space. Texture evokes the senses and sparks interest in the area you are creating. You can add texture through furniture, wall art and any of the things mentioned above.
So there you have it! I hope that gives you some ideas to work with and I look forward to seeing what you come up with so don't forget to tag us on socials!